Personal Asset Protection
Personal Asset Protection is essential to any comprehensive financial security plan. If tragic events like death, disability or the need for long term care strike, insurance can protect you and your family from undue hardship. PATHFINDER WEALTH ADVISORS and its employees do not sell insurance and do not earn commissions from the sale of insurance products. However, we understand the value of these products in your overall Asset Protection Plan and encourage our clients to work with their own risk management advisors or let us refer you to a professional in this field.
PATHFINDER WEALTH ADVISORS works with specialists in the risk management field who have access to a variety of insurance products that can help meet your asset protection needs. No matter your personal situation—if you’re single or in a family; a professional, an executive or small business owner—we can work together with your risk management professional to design a customized plan.
Following is a discussion of certain types of insurance related products. This list is not meant to include all types of risk management tools. In particular PATHFINDER WEALTH ADVISORS does not review medical and property/casualty insurance needs. If contacted by our clients we will refer them to specialists in these areas.
In the event of death, life insurance offers surviving family members increased financial security. As a tax-free lump sum payment, it can pay for final expenses and debts, as well as provide income for the deceased’s dependents.
The advantages of life insurance include:
- An instant estate for your loved ones at a time when funds are most needed
- Death benefits that are often non-taxable for named beneficiaries
- Avoid probate costs if you name a beneficiary other than your estate
- Potentially offer your loved ones creditor protection through some life insurance plans
- Build tax-advantaged capital for retirement purposes or provide liquid savings through some permanent life insurance plans
Help protect one of your most valuable assets – your income – from unexpected events through long-term care and disability insurance.
Long-term care and disability insurance
Income is important for both current financial obligations (e.g. grocery bills and mortgage payments) and for future financial security (e.g. planning for your children’s education or for retirement). Just think what might happen if you suddenly lost your income stream through a long-term illness or disability.
Long-term care and disability insurance products help protect your ability to earn an income, which can be affected if you are afflicted by a disability or other condition.
Long-term care and disability insurance products may provide advantages like:
- Helping maintain your financial independence, lifestyle and long-term financial security plan in the event your income is impacted by disability
- Assist with paying fixed expenses for your business if you become disabled
- Support the buy-out of a disabled partner’s share of a business